Municipal Court is generally held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Court is held at the Creswell Community Center, 99 South 1st Street, Creswell Oregon, beginning at 7:00 p.m. If you need to pay a fine, or have a question regarding a citation you received, you may call (541) 895-2531. You may also visit a court clerk at City Hall, 13 South 1st Street, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except holidays.
Creswell Municipal Court, under the provisions of Oregon Revised Statutes, Chapters 51, 52, and 153, is responsible for the adjudication of violations and misdemeanors filed as violations of traffic, and City Code violations, such as animal regulation, parks, general offenses, and related post-adjudicative processes.
- Your fine can be paid by check or cash or credit card in court.
- There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks
- You can mail payments to: Creswell Municipal Court, PO Box 276, Creswell, OR 97426
- You can make a payment in person at: 13 South 1st Street, Creswell, OR 97426
- If you have payment arrangements, your payment must be received in our office on the due date, or your license may be suspended, your account sent to collections, or both. There are additional fees assessed to your fine if either of these occurs.
- If you miss, or are unable to make a payment, call the court clerk at (541) 895-2531.
City code violations such as barking dogs or dogs at large must be made in person. You must be willing to sign a complaint in order for the City to take any action. If you are unsure whether or not an actual violation has occurred, you may call City Hall (541) 895-2531 to make an inquiry.
Once you have signed a complaint, the court clerk will send the signed complaint to the Creswell Sheriff’s Office. An officer will then issue a citation to the person listed in the complaint to appear in court. You may or may not be required to appear in court. If your presence is required, you will be served with a subpoena indicating the date and time of your appearance.
E-mail, or other electronic correspondence does not constitute official contact with the court. You cannot make pleas, or file court paperwork by email. These types of contacts DO NOT constitute an appearance or written explanation.
Your community service must be completed timely, all fees paid, and all documentation and or required proof of completion returned to the court clerk on or before the due date in order to meet the terms of your community service agreement. If you have been offered community service as part of a diversion agreement and you fail to meet the terms of your diversion, your diversion will be revoked.
If you were offered to participate in a diversion program, all terms and conditions of the diversion agreement must be met, including treatment programs, community service, essays, or other requirements on time in order for your diversion agreement to remain in effect. If you fail to complete ANY of the terms of your agreement, your agreement will be revoked and a fine imposed.
Courtroom Etiquette and Decorum:
- Arrive early.
- Be polite and courteous to the Judge, to all court personnel, and those around you.
- Cellular phones, pagers, and Mp3 devices must be turned off. Recording equipment is not allowed.
- Dress appropriately, Suitable attire is required: Shoes and shirts must be worn. No shorts, tank tops, or excessively soiled, damaged, or ill-fitting clothing is allowed in the courtroom. Remove hats upon entering the courtroom.
- No smoking, food, drink, or gum, are allowed in the courtroom.
- Children may be present in the courtroom, however; if they disturb the proceedings, please remove them from the courtroom. The court does not provide childcare services.
- Weapons are prohibited in the courtroom.
If English is not your first language, and you need the assistance of an interpreter, please notify the Court Clerk at 541-895-2531 prior to your court date.
- City Administration
- Finance & Budget
- Planning & Community Development
- Public Works
- Public Safety
- Animal Control
- Municipal Court
- Parks & Recreation
- Staff Directory
- Your Government
- What's New
- City Services
- Applications & Forms
- Community Assistance Programs
- Facilities Rental
- Youth Programs
- Adult 55+ Programs
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Electronic Message Board
- Community Info
- I Want to...
- Online Services